Sunday, August 13, 2006

A SCARF FOR BETH



SIZE: 10 x 50 inches/ 22 x 110 cm

MATERIALS: One skein Doucer et Soie, 25gm/225 yards/205 meters. 70% baby mohair, 30% silk. Color shown, 8645, dark navy. (You could easily substitute Kid Silk Haze. It's essentially the same yarn.)

One set US size ten/6mm needles. (I suggest bamboo or wood, to make the stitches easier to keep track of, but it's up to you.)

GAUGE: Doesn't matter.

Note: I did not allow for selvedge stitches when knitting this, so when a row begins with K2tog, I knit the first and second stitches together. When there was no other action on the first stitch (for a regular knit row), I did slip the stitch.

DIRECTIONS: Cast on 54 stitches. Knit one row plain.
For the next, lace row, *(K 2 tog) 3 times, (yo, k1) 6 times, (K 2 tog) 3 times* Repeat from first *. There will be three repetitions, total.
Next three rows, knit.

Work four-row pattern (with just one row of lace and three rows of plain knitting) until you run out of yarn. End on a plain-knit rown, then bind off.

BLOCKING: There are many fancy ways to do this, but I simply soaked the scarf in a sink full of room-temperature water with some Eucalan, then let it drain on a towel for a few minutes, pinned it out, and let it dry.

This lace pattern is a modified version of Feather-and-Fan stitch, from "A Treasury of Knitting Patterns" by Barbara G Walker.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bells said...

more lace lust...mmm.....

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Dark and Twisty Designs said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely casting on today!!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're working with? I've loaded your
blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a honest price?
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

My blog post ... pharmacy technician course

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand your pattern:
After the lace row, do I knit 3 rows just knit (so the scarf will show purl on 2 of these rows)? Your instructions read "plain knit"
so I am assuming I never purl?

Also, what do you mean about selvedge when the row has k2 .... when does a row have k2. The pattern only has knit 2 together,
or plain knit.

I am using needle size 9 , is that OK?

Thank you

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from New Zealand. Lovely pattern. I am a first time knitter. Could you describe the type of yarn over please. Is it just bringing the yarn over and forward? I see in the internet there are a few types.
If I want to make it wider, what multiples of extra stitches do I cast on? Kind regards

5:56 AM  
Blogger radferdlaban said...

Titanium Hair Clipper - Titsanium - Titsanium Art
Find new & used Titanium Hair Clipper at titanium sheets our Cutlery & Tackling titanium hip businesses. Use titanium 3d printer our Titsanium Art titanium bmx frame to create your own unique treatments! citizen titanium dive watch

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home